Distribution of goods such as furniture, windows, doors etc. is a demanding process through many stages and many follow-up points, often across several national borders. A condolution and cross-docking solution often means fewer handling, predictability in the deliveries and a good overview of damages and delays.
With a transparent logistics process, where the first "scanning" / registration takes place when ordering at your factory, as well as a set scanning and reporting system, the control becomes a completely different.
How to take control over the whole process?
- Identify all actors
- Create all scanning points
- Integration with all suppliers – an EDI system
- All actors receive their reports on their delivery with a clear overview of their area of responsibility
- Possibility of setting up reporting for daily fines to suppliers for missing or delayed deliveries
- Effective cross docking setups in heavy production areas
- Fixed transport lines
- Smart transport solutions on the road or sea
- One supplier from collection at factory to deliver to store