What is a control tower?
- a seamless coordination across departments, countries and suppliers
- an expert group that manages, drives and further develops the supply chain and product flow for your business
- a central information center with an overview of all data, to easily address opportunities and risks
- it identifies all possibilities and synergies to optimize combinations in the flow of goods and reduce cost
How to build a control tower?
- a control tower should be established and defined as an own operational function
- logistics experts are pulled in and working in teams with the company’s own key people
- the team should consist of:
- people with background from supply chain and flow of goods,
- people with background from the transport industry,
- people with BI competence – improvements in operational work
- people with 3PL background
- people with background from IT that can exchange data between the parties
- outsourcing of control tower functions provides a huge flexibility and access to expert competence at all times